5010 is here!
You may have noticed as you’ve called in over the past month that our phone lines have been really busy. Where you were able to get straight through to support in the fall, now you are finding yourself back up at the front desk to leave a message. As much as you are concerned about 5010, ICD-10, Medicare payments, stimulus payments etc., we are concerned about each and every one of the thousands of you. We appreciate your patience as we all (customers, vendors, clearinghouses and payors) work to migrate claims over to the 5010 format. We are furiously returning calls as quickly as possible. We are working very closely with BCBSM here in Michigan and with many other clearing houses around the country to work through the many items that come up daily as everyone makes the 5010 switch.
What can you do to help in the meantime?
- Please continue to be patient and please don’t pull your hair out. Know that when we get back with you we will spend the same love and care on you as we’ve been spending on your office neighbors. We love you all. You are all our favorites.
- If you have more than one question or call in to us from your office please make sure that when we talk with you that you have those questions ready to go, so that we can address your office’s concerns at the same time, rather than one question and one person at a time.
Can you help yourself while you are waiting?
- If you listen to our phone prompts at the beginning of your call we have made some changes to help direct you to the most common answers you need at this time.
- Also, don’t forget to check in on the blog, twitter, etc. anything new or hot that comes up gets posted there. (Including links to the First Friday of the month call- in case you missed it.)
- Questions about 5010? We definitely have a page for that. There is a link on each web siteand blog, including this note- click here!
- You can also send in a question via Genius Mail securely from inside of eTHOMAS.
- There are also videos and resources available inside of eTHOMAS by going to Genius on the Web.